Countdown!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Challenge

So, when I first posted about J's ice cream sundae failure on his birthday, my sister claimed she could totally kill the sundae he couldn't finish. Well, J immediately challenged her to an ice cream showdown and yesterday was the day.

DSC01118.JPG

The rules were set:



  1. 20 minute time limit


  2. Same sundae - the Nutmalley, but could pick any flavor of ice cream they preferred


  3. If both finished in 20 mins, they'd move on to single cones


  4. 5 minute time limit on the cones, and if both finished then they'd get another, etc.


It started off pretty great, as the waitress even weighed the sundaes for us (coming in at 4 lbs, btw!!!)

Mandy took an early lead, and even finished her sundae a good 2 minutes before J:

DSC01128.JPG

DSC01130.JPG

They then moved on to sudden death. Not sure if Mandy gave in to the pressure, or what, but J killed her in the cone round. She just couldn't do it anymore.

Jay took the title, and I couldn't be more proud of my hubby: (lol!!)

DSC01139.JPG


How funny is that headband, btw? J totally pulled that out of his pocket as I was about to start the timer, clapped his hands, and yelled "It's GO time!". Hahaha!


It was a good time, and even the waitresses and other customers were cheering them on! Here are mine and C's dishes compared to their's:


DSC01132.JPG

Mine's the little one on the left, and C's is on the right (can you tell he ordered Superman ice cream?? Every kid's fav, right?).

Well, needless to say, neither one of them felt too great afterwards. Here's Mandy as soon as we walked in the house:

DSC01147.JPG

Hot mess, right?? Hahaha, luv you, sis!

Here's me and C - we felt great when we were done. Ha!

DSC01120.JPG

We did the challenge around 2:00 in the afternoon and when J left for his soccer game at 8:30 he was still completely full! :)

I'm glad I wasn't involved in this challenge, as I had to teach Group Step at 5:15, which was AWESOME. It was a full class and everyone was in great moods, with fantastic energy. LOVE classes like that.

Anyone else ever do a Man vs. Food type challenge? :)



6 comments:

  1. hahahahah this is a hilarious post. I can't believe they each ate a 4 lb bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't easy, but I am now the champ for life! Neither of us will put ourselves through that again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J is the champ! lol I was a Hot Mess! Not sure I can do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, but my husband is a chef at a restaurant that used to serve a dessert trio.... A full sized molten chocolate cake (with ice cream), a huge piece of NY style cheesecake, and a creme brulee. He and a food runner had a contest to see who could eat it the fastest. My husband won in about 3.5 minutes! Yeah... definitely a proud moment ;)

    P.S. Congrats to your hubby for winning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would of put money on amanda...iv seen them both in power...she seems tougher :P

    -d

    ReplyDelete