Countdown!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Reality Check

Happy Sunday!! What a busy week it's been! Sorry the blogging is so sporadic, but life has sadly been getting in the way. Once work slows down and I'm back to normal hours things will be better. I promise....

So, I had 14 miles planned for yesterday. 14 miles is the longest I've run in over 5 years! Needless to say, I had a hard time falling asleep Friday night thinking about it.

The morning started off good, as this is what I saw when I peeked in C's room before getting dressed for my run:
That immediately put me in a good mood! So cute!

Steve and I always "gear up" at the same time:
I like to turn him on (haha!) and put him on a windowsill as I get dressed. This helps him locate the satellite quickly and I spend less time pacing around waiting for him to find a signal when I'm ready to go!

So, my run was a crazy reality check. Wow. I felt so defeated when it was over. Last week was so busy that I didn't have time for my smaller training runs. What a difference they make! Whoever invented training programs sure knew what they were doing. Anyways, I was SLOW SLOW SLOW. I knew less than halfway in it was going to be a struggle. BUT, I did it, and I finished. I averaged a 9:43 mile, and was totally bummed when I got home. I think you can see how I was feeling in these pictures. J was such a good blogger husband, as when the pup started barking he knew I was home and grabbed the camera:

Mommy's home! Finally! (I thought she would be home earlier....??)

CRAWLING up the street:

Glad to see my husband, but upset with myself:

Knowing I'll be glad I documented my run:

I know I need to not be so hard on myself, but all my other runs were cake. This run made me SUPA nervous about the marathon. I'll be honest, it really made me doubt myself, and if I can do it. I've never been one to back down from a challenge, but this is very intimidating. Plus, add that to the weight gain I've had recently and I am one unhappy camper. I don't know if my body is holding onto the weight knowing it's going to need the fuel for the long runs or what. All I do know is that my pants are so tight in the butt and thighs. Sick. Any recommendations/advice from anyone training for a marathon (or any other endurance sport)??????

On a good note, after I was home, fed, and showered, we immediately left for this place. I was a little worried about how my stomach would hold up after the 14 miles and being at an indoor waterpark with limited access to a bathroom (tmi?), but it was surprisingly the best recovery I've had yet! Funny how that works, huh? Horrible run = great recovery, and great run = bad recovery. Not sure what to make of that yet. Anyways, here's me and C in the lobby being silly as usual:

I'm planning a more detailed post on the waterpark this week. Stay tuned!!

Have a fantastic week - Peace out!

5 comments:

  1. Blech - sorry your run was so tough (I had a similar experience with my 13 milers yesterday!) Don't worry - hopefully the rest of your runs will all be easy as pie!

    Um - that picture of C and the pup-face - OMG I just about died - SO.DANG.CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such an inspiration to me! :) you should not be down on yourself at all! what you did was amazing! i look up to you...when i feel like i dont wanna do it i think about how you always have the never say die attitude and you ALWAYS attack and conquer and it gives me strength!!!

    btw jon's goal for me with distance this week is to run as far as i can so if u have a day ur up for running with me and dont mind me slowin ya down let me know :)

    luv ya bff! you are amazing!!! - prihizzle

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did great and at least you finished! you should be proud of yourself!! I can't wait to see more pics of your visit to the waterpark! have a great day! love ya! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Babe!
    14 miles is a big accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself, C and I sure are proud of you!
    Love you, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mom says - - Im so very proud of you ! ! 14 miles is amazing ! ! ! Just think how many of us cant even do 1 mile ! How cute is that picture of the "Boys" ! ! Has to make you smile every you look at it. Glad you had a good time at the water park.

    ReplyDelete