Anyways, Allison, over at Green Dog Wine (love her blog, btw!), is doing a Cut the Crap Challenge for the next 20 days until April 14th. I will, of course, have my own rules, but she's the one who inspired me to get my butt in gear.
Why I am doing this challenge:
- I'm feeling "soft". I used to be nice and toned, but I'm feeling squishy - especially in the belly area! Eww....
- I want to look as strong as I feel
- I want to be in the best shape I can be when I run the marathon on May 2nd
- I want to fit into my designer jeans again!
Here are my rules:
- No snacking (this is my #1 bad habit). If I'm going to eat something, I will put it on a plate and sit down to eat. No more handfuls of this and handfuls of that.
- One treat per day. I have a serious sweet tooth. Enough said.
- No white bread.
- Limit processed food - this isn't too hard, as I don't eat a lot but there are times when I resort for the quick fix.
- Have ONE serving and give myself time to digest. I'm a fast eater so I tend to eat more than I need before I even realize I'm full. SLOW DOWN, Heather!
I don't want to limit myself completely, but I do want to clean up my act. I'd like to break my snack attack habit (this is especially bad in the evenings) completely. I thought to myself earlier today that if I was strong enough to stop biting my nails 10 years ago (after doing it all my life!) I can do this.
Determination and will power are what it takes, but most of all accountability! If I don't tell anyone what my plans are I will let them fall wayside. So I'm relying on my friends and family to hold me responsible for my actions! Of course I know I have to believe in myself first and foremost, and I think the key to this challenge is actually stepping on that scale. I haven't done this in over a year when I first noticed myself gaining weight. I think seeing that number will give me that final push I need.
p.s. Did anyone think of the lady from SNL who says "It's a match!" when they read the title? LOVE that skit!! :)