Countdown!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back to Back

What a fantastic weekend! The weather in Cleveland is always so iffy, but we were blessed the past few days. I even ran outside on Friday in short sleeves! Crazy!

Anyways, C went home after school with a friend on Friday so I got to enjoy my run "guilt free". I'm getting faster, all this training is really paying off! I ran 8 miles at an 8:55 average pace. Not bad, not bad at all. I've been feeling pretty confident the past few weeks - I hope it keeps up!

Yesterday we went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D with some friends of ours and their son. The boys really enjoyed it. To me, it was OK. Nothing spectacular, and definitely not worth the $11.00 matinee price! I never really like the original movie, though, so maybe that's why I didn't like it? Or maybe I'm just getting old......?

On the schedule this weekend was another 16 mile run like last week. Two in a row! The weather this morning was fantastic - about 40 degrees and sunny. I set out to tackle the first 10 miles on my own.


Kinda creepy, right?? Let me tell you, I am NOT a good morning exerciser, never have been. I prefer my evening workouts, fo sho. AND today was a little earlier than my usual Sunday runs. I was meeting a friend for the last 6 miles and she was coming over at 9:30 so I had to get out early to make sure I finished the first 10 miles before then. The picture above is me before 8:00am - NOT a happy camper. J was still in bed and C had just gotten up and was happily playing his DS in his room when I headed out.

I ran a 5 1/2 mile loop, came home for a quick drink, then headed out to do 4 1/2 more. When I got home, the boys were still in their PJ's!

Christina showed up, and we were off! My hamstrings were a little tight at this point, but running with Christina helped me slow down and just enjoy the run. Chit chatting the whole way quickly helped me forget about my tight hammies! We ran down to Edgewater Park:


I love this area of the city. It's like it's own little community that not a lot of people know about - such a pretty view of the city!

This was the turn around point so we headed back:

Check out that sunshine!!

All in all, I finished the 16 miles in 2:32:36 - a 9:32/mile average. The first ten I ran an average of 9:04/mile!! Holy guacamole! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT. I'm feeling strong, and liking it.

Thanks for a great run, Christina!!

Gotta jet - I have a 4:45am wakeup call so I can teach Group Power at 5:30am! Oh boy......

Night all!

5 comments:

  1. NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Way to rock it girl! That is incredible :) Great pace and quite a distance! I taught Body Pump this AM at 5:45 :) Hooray for Monday morning classes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend and run sis! Im so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to Go Girl - - - Proud of you - - - Your going to really rock in May ! ! Love You Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a rock star! I didn't know you were doing this. I am so jealous and wanting to be back to my marathon running days! Someday! Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey that's me in the picture! Even though I'm a slow runner (I blame it on the lack of height) I had an awesome time running with you. I did much better than if I ran by myself and didn't stop as often.

    Thanks for a good run and see you next week at step!

    ReplyDelete