Countdown!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

You'll Be Fine!

Have any of you other first time marathoners heard that phrase? I'm going to be honest, I can't stand it. Whenever I'm talking to someone about the marathon and express my nervousness, concern, etc, they're first response is "Oh, you'll be fine!" WHAT? Have YOU run a marathon before? I don't get it. Do people not think running a marathon is a big deal anymore? It's HUGE!! All the training and the time commitment and punishment you put your body through? I have mad respect for people who run marathons, heck, for anyone who runs period! It's not easy. Anyways, I got that tonight at the gym from not one, but TWO people. Oh well, vent over.......*sigh*

I taught Group Step tonight to a small group of people. It's hit or miss on Thursdays - we'll see if the class lasts or not. I'm hoping it starts to pick up! After class I hit the treadmill for a 3 miler. I've decided I hate the treadmill for multiple reasons:
1. I'm a lot slower
2. It's crazy boring
3. I hate people behind me while my butt is jiggling while I run :)
I got through it, though, and now I'm home chillin. C is at basketball practice, and from what I hear we've got some work cut out for us. At least he looks cute (!!):

Come on, who wouldn't love that face?? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment