Countdown!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Welcome to the World

World, meet Evan:
Isn't he the cutest newborn EVA???? Well, except for maybe this guy:

The above picture is my little one, C, who just turned 8 this month. Has it really been 8 years since he was born????! **sigh**

Anyways, Evan was born yesterday to my very best friends, Nikki & Bob. Baby and Mom are both doing great, and they even got released from the hospital today already!

So, I thought I'd dedicate this post to Nikki. We met while interning at Sherwin Williams our Junior year of college at Cleveland State. I was already working (I'm the dedicated one! ha!) and Nikki started shortly after. We hit it off almost immediately, which is funny because at first sight I resented her for wearing a suit to her internship. Looking back at it, I was probably just jealous! It's actually pretty amazing that we are still BFFs. After college she moved to Arizona for a year and I decided to get married and have a baby. And, although our lives were completely different, we still managed to have something in common. Yes, we grew apart some during that time, but once we both got a little older our friendship grew stronger than ever. She moved home, I got divorced, she lived downtown and met her husband, I lived with my parents for a little, etc. We've never really been on the same life schedule actually. I was in her wedding 3 years ago, and then she was in mine when I got remarried a year and a half ago. Anyways, I think you get the picture. She's my gurrrrll. Period. :)

I thought I'd leave you with some Sa-Weet pics of us:

Luv ya, sista!!

On the training front, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday with minimal knee trouble - YES! Today was supposed to be 4 miles, but I decided to go visit that beautiful bundle of joy you see at the top of the post instead. Sunday is a 7 miler - I'm praying it gets a little warmer! Come on, Cleveland, show me some LOVE already!!

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Evan and Colin are so adorable!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete