Countdown!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I did it!

After a year of reading my favorite blogs, I finally decided to create my own! I guess it took me registering for the Pittsburgh marathon to convince myself I had something blogworthy (is that a word?) to write about. I'm hoping the blog will help keep me accountable with my training, as well as keep me in check at home. Luckily I have an amazing support system. My husband and 8 year old son are my biggest cheerleaders (although I'm sure they don't appreciate me calling them cheerleaders!).
I'm excited, and also very scared, for the marathon. I can't imagine running 26.2 miles. I'm a person who thrives on goals and accomplishments and, other than giving birth to my son, this is going to be my biggest accomplishment yet. I can feel it. This blog will be a place for me to express my feelings towards training, and balancing life at the same time. So please welcome me to the blog world and join me on this crazy journey!

3 comments:

  1. Let the journey begin! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY HEATHER! I can't wait! Let's try and do our long runs together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do great! After Mile 20 it's all mental.......

    ReplyDelete