Countdown!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Party Day!

This morning was FAB, yo - I got to sleep in until 8:00! Since I wake up at 5:30am (eek!) during the week, 8:00 is DA BOMB.

However, waking up at 8:00 didn't leave us with a lot time to get ready this morning. See, I teach at 10:00 Saturday mornings at the "away" gym. Let me explain: I teach at two gyms (same gym, 2 locations) and the "away" gym is 10 miles away, but takes about a half hour to get to since there's no easy way to get there - the "home" gym is 3 miles away and takes 10 mins, but we don't have that luxury on Saturdays. The 3 of us go to the gym together sometimes, as J (the husband) takes my Group Power class, so C gets to live the life and spend an hour in the Playland while we're working out.

Anyways, we didn't get home until 11:40, and C's 8th birthday party was at 1:00 at the ice skating rink here in town. We came home, showered, grabbed a bite, and even picked up a friend on the way (yeah, we're pretty awesome). I think his party was a success. Check it:

C is in the PUMA sweatshirt in front. Cutie, right (takes after his mom!)?

Anyways, no run today. I'm beat, though. Being the mom at a birthday party for 9 eight year olds who don't know how to skate (plus one husband who thinks he can skate) is exhausting! Here are a few more pics:
Can you tell we don't take serious pictures in our household? Love it.

What was your favorite birthday party when you were younger? I remember a surprise party my friend threw me in either 8th or 9th grade. We all were rockin those college sweatshirts you could buy at Dots. Awesome.

Catch ya tomorrow for a 5 miler!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been at C's bday party!! Looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete